The School Day
Nursery and Reception Classes
- Gates will open at 8:40am for Reception class and 8:45am for Nursery and children will be able to enter the classroom from this time.
- Parents/Carers are encouraged to help settle the children into class before leaving.
- The first session for nursery will finish at 11:45am and the second session will run from 12:15pm to 3:15pm.
- The Reception Class day will finish at 3:15pm Monday to Thursday and 1.05pm on a Friday
Year 1 to 6
- Year 1 - Enter the classroom at 8.35am. End of day is 3.20pm.
- Year 2 - Enter the classroom at 8.30am. End of day is 3.20pm.
- Years 3-6 - Enter classrooms at 8.30am. End of day is 3.25pm.
- FRIDAYS - All classes finish at 1.10pm.
Before and After School Clubs
Temple Mill runs a Breakfast Club and After School Club for our working parents. Breakfast Club begins at 7.30am and runs until the start of school. After School Club runs from the end of school until 4.30pm or 5.30pm. For more information on this, please click here.
We believe uniform to be an important part of the ethos of the school and we urge parents to support us in this. All clothing, including footwear, should be marked clearly with the child's name.
We keep a collection of donated Pre-Loved Uniform in school. For each item, a suggested donation of £1 to our school fund is appreciated. You can drop in to school to see if we have what you need or you can email the office to request particular items and sizes and we will try to get these ready for you to collect. The Pre-Loved uniform will also be displayed during events such as Parent Consultation Evenings.
Although items with the school logo on are available, they are not a compulsory part of our uniform.
Nursery and EYFS
- Plain purple T- shirt or School polo shirt
- Black or Grey jog bottoms
- Book bag
- PE bag
- Purple sweatshirt/cardigan
- Tailored grey trousers/Grey skirt or pinafore
- Purple gingham dress
- White polo shirt
- Tailored grey trousers or shorts
- Covered toe sandals and sun hat may be worn in the Summer months
Children should wear black school shoes, which are safe and suitable for school wear. Not boots or trainers.
PE and Games Kit
- Purple T-shirt
- Black shorts
- White or black trainers
- A tracksuit is necessary for outdoor PE, this should be dark-coloured and without writing and without a hood where possible.
- A named drawstring bag will also be required. Children will require an art apron - an old shirt is ideal.
- NO LARGE SPORTS BAGS
At present our school dinners are cooked onsite through ABM Catering, an external provider. To view our current menu, click the attachments below: